I have often been asked, “Do prayers work?” Or, “Is there really a God somewhere out there listening?” I understand why people ask those questions. Praying can feel as if you are talking to yourself. We are creatures who crave logic, order, and tactile responses that make sense to us – all of which represent exactly the opposite of the nature of prayer. But then again, logic and order also interfere with the stuff that makes miracles happen, as they are healings or interventions that defy logic and reason, and instantly change the order of your life. This evening’s lecture is an exploration into the wondrous domain of the miraculous and the mysteries and power of prayer.
This lecture will include:
- What is a miracle and who qualifies?
- How does a person create a prayer life?
- What is inner reflection and contemplation?
- What is a mystical experience?
- What do I do if I need a miracle?