Learn more about “Becoming a Game Changer”
Allow me to begin the description of this extraordinary workshop by introducing you to the remarkable woman who will be teaching you about what it means to become a game-changer in your life. We are honored to have Monica Sharma, M.D., join our Reflections faculty, as she is truly a global force.
Monica is a physician and epidemiologist who worked for the United Nations from 1988 to 2010. As director of Leadership and Capacity Development at the United Nations, and UNICEF, Monica designed programs at scale for whole systems transformation and leadership development world-wide. She was the Tata Chair Professor in the Tata Institute of Social Sciences in Mumbai, India. She also continues her work as an international practitioner and expert on leadership development and sustainable change with the UN, many universities, various businesses, and governments around the world.
Monica is the author of the award-winning book, “Radical Transformational Leadership,” sharing her vision of how we can source our inner capacities and wisdom as individuals, groups and nations to manifest change that embodies dignity and compassion. She has brought her vision to millions of people, initiating positive change around the world. And, now we have the honor and privilege to present her ground-breaking teachings in a six-part class designed to inspire each of us to experience the power of becoming a game-changer in our life.
It is truly a privilege to be alive at this time because we are learning more each day about the power we possess as individuals to make a difference in our world, no matter how big or small our world is. The size of our life is not the issue; choice is, as Monica highlights. We are sharing a great journey of transformation together. And because this time is so extraordinary, each of us in our own way is being called to contribute to the quality of changes unfolding in societies everywhere. You may not have ever considered that the changes happening in your life, especially chaotic ones, are occurring because that is how a calling emerges in your life. Unlike a job or a career, which is something we chose, a calling often emerges out of our response to change and chaos. Chaos forces us to step outside of our comfort zone and draw upon inner skills and creative resources that we may have never utilized before. And, as is characteristic of the unfolding of guidance in our lives, just when you think you have the least amount of power you discover how to be a game-changer.
There is not a quiet corner on this Earth. All of life – every living creation – is a participant in this transformation. All of us born into this remarkable era of change is capable of elevating the consciousness of all life, one life at a time. In this seminar, Monica will explore how to realize your calling as an active agent of change in your life, no matter your age or your environment. Every choice we make, as you will discover, holds the potential to shift the consciousness and quality of life of someone. Becoming a game-changer has become our greatest individual and collective calling.
Becoming a Game-Changer
The fear of being powerless, of not having personal choice and decision-making authority, is terrifying. It is also anathema to human nature, as choice is the power through which we co-create the quality of our lives. In this first session, we examine our personal power, especially as it relates to the capacity to make empowered choices.
- The Universal design of the human being: How we are all alike.
- What are my inner capacities?
- Identifying personal power.
- What is in One is in the Whole: Realizing the you matter globally as well as in your personal life.
- What changes are necessary in my life?
Realizing My Full Potential
We can never really realize our full potential and yet we all share a deep soul impulse to continually strive to become more empowered each day. We dream of being free from our fears and limitations so that we can make wildly empowered choices that contribute to extraordinary changes in our world. Everyone wants to make a difference.
- What does my full potential feel like?
- How do I make the transition from observing my potential to becoming my full potential?
- Moving from resignation and overwhelm to the courage to act.
- The Conscious Full-spectrum Response Model (CFSR)
Training My Voice
Empowerment does not take place overnight. The transition from feeling powerless to empowered takes practice, awareness and courage.
- Transcending my fears: Step-by-step
- Confronting the fear of humiliation
- Recognizing the influence of patriarchy, religious fundamentalism, racism, casteism and classism.
- Building a healthy, personal ecosystem.
- Exploring my dependency on conventional and safe ways of thinking.
Embracing the Complexity of Power
Power is the fundamental ingredient of the human experience. Recognizing the subtle expressions of power is the core goal of what it means to become a conscious person. Know your power and you enter into the domain of the soul.
- Shifting from simple power to complex
- Introducing the Transformational Results Chain
- The practice of attunement: Examining who I am and the law of cause and effect.
- The power of my personal choices
- Transforming disempowering social systems and cultural norms. (Note: Rosa Parks and her single choice to not move from her seat on the bus in Montgomery, Alabama. One small choice ignited a civil rights movement. And in no way that Rosa Parks wake up that morning with the intention of becoming a civil rights icon. One empowered choice (the proverbial mustard of truth) indeed brought down a mountain.
The Choice to become a Game-Changer
Rising to the challenge – to the calling – to become a game-changer represents a profound shift in your relationship to your own power. You no longer see yourself as powerless, no matter what situation, conversation, or relationship you find yourself in. And, you become equally aware that everyone is a game-changer, whether they know it or not. But inner power arises organically within when you do know that truth.
- Creating change instead of accepting norms that need to end.
- There is no such thing as “tomorrow”. We are meant to respond to what we see today – in the here and now.
- Human beings at their best: technology and social/cultural advances.
- Deciding to participate in the great dance of positive change.
Your Personal Micro and Macro Life
You are one with the Whole and the Whole of life breathes through you. It is impossible for us to realize that profound mystical truth, but the time has come for us to live that truth, expressing that truth through how we make the choices we do in life. This is not “my” planet; this is “our” planet.
- The fractal for prosperity, peace and a better “now” for our planet.
- Seeing the connection between your local actions and personal choices and global change.
- Who you are matters
- Everything you are and do matters
- Becoming a game-changer is the greatest calling.
About Monica Sharma
Monica Sharma, trained as a physician and epidemiologist, worked for the United Nations more than twenty years. Currently, she engages worldwide as an international expert and practitioner on leadership development for sustainable and equitable change. She works with United Nations, universities, management institutions, governments, businesses, media, and civil society organizations. She has generated results worldwide on select sustainable development goals. She has published and presented over 250 articles in journals and international forums. Monica Sharma created and uses a unique response model based on extensive application—a conscious full-spectrum model—which is for simultaneously solving problems, shifting systems, and creating new patterns sourced from individual inner capacity and transformational leadership. This model has generated sustainable results worldwide.