~ Your Energetic Being
The body contains seven energy centers, known as chakras. Together, these energy centers — data banks, as I like to call them — are an archetypal depiction of your individual maturation through seven distinct stages.
[ SCROLL DOWN ]
The first chakra is the foundation of emotional and mental health. Your connection to traditional familial beliefs supports the formation of identity and a sense of belonging to a group.
Sacred Truth: All is One
You are connected to all of life. Every choice you make and every belief you hold exerts influence upon the whole of life.
Base of spine, legs, bones, feet, rectum, immune system.
Chronic lower back pain, rectal and immune disorders, depression, multiple personality disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, addictions, sciatica, varicose veins.
Physical family and group safety and security, ability to provide for life's necessities and stand up for yourself, feeling at home, social and familial law and order, abandonment fears, family bonding, identity, tribal honor code, support and loyalty.
- What belief patters did you inherit from your family?
- Do all of them still have authority over you?
- What superstitions do you have? Which have more authority over you than your own reasoning ability?
- Do you have a personal code of honor? What is it?
- Have you ever compromised your sense of honor? If so, have you taken steps to heal it?
- Do you have any unfinished business with your family members? If yes, what prevents you from healing your family relationships?
- List all the blessings that you feel come from your family.
- If you are a parent, what qualities would you like your children to learn from you?
- What tribal traditions and rituals do you continue?
- What tribal characteristics within yourself would you like to strengthen and develop?
The second chakra is your center of personal power, creativity, sexuality, and finances. Issues of physical survival, control, and one-on-one relationships are at the core of this energy center.
Sacred Truth: Honor One Another
Every relationship you develop, from casual to intimate, helps you become more conscious. No union is without spiritual virtue.
Lower abdomen to navel, sexual organs, large intestine, lower vertebrae, pelvis, appendix, bladder, hip area.
Arthritis, chronic lower back or hip pain, sciatica, pelvic/low back pain, sexual potency, urinary problems, prostate or ovarian/uterine illnesses, fibroids, menopause severity.
Fear of loss of control, through events such as addiction, rape, betrayal, impotence, financial loss, or abandonment by partners or colleagues, ability to take risks, personal identity, blame, guilt, money, sex, power, control, creativity, ethics, honor in relationships, decision-making ability, power to rebel.
- How do you define creativity? Do you consider yourself a creative person? Do you follow through on your creative ideas?
- Do you often direct your creative energies into negative paths of expression? Do you exaggerate or embellish "facts" to support your point of view?
- Are you comfortable with your sexuality? If not, are you working toward healing your sexual imbalances? Do you use people for sexual pleasure, or have you felt used? Do you honor your own sexual boundaries?
- Do you keep your word? What is your personal code of honor? of ethics? Do you negotiate your ethics depending on your circumstances?
- Do you have an impression of the Divine as a force that exerts justice in your life?
The third chakra furthers the development of self esteem and personality, separate from your tribal identity. This is where you learn to draw and maintain strong boundaries and a personal code of honor.
Sacred Truth: Honor Oneself
Be mature and honorable in the relationship you have with yourself and accept responsibility for the person you have become.
Abdomen, stomach, upper intestines, liver, gallbladder, kidney, pancreas, adrenal glands, spleen, middle spine behind the solar plexus.
Arthritis, gastric or duodenal ulcers, colon/intestinal problems, pancreatitis/diabetes, chronic or acute indigestion, anorexia, bulimia, liver dysfunctions, hepatitis, adrenal dysfunction.
Trust, fear, intimidation, self esteem, self-confidence, self-respect, ambition, courage, ability to handle crisis, care of yourself and others, sensitivity to criticism, personal honor, fear of rejection and looking foolish, physical appearance anxieties, strength of character.
- Do you like yourself? What don’t you like and why? Are you actively working to change the things about yourself you don’t like?
- Are you honest? Do you sometimes misrepresent the truth? Why?
- Are you critical of others? Do you blame others as a way of protecting yourself?
- Are you able to admit when you are wrong? Are you open to feedback from other people about yourself?
- Do you need the approval of others? If so, why?
Here lies the powerhouse of the human energy system. From its middle position, the fourth chakra mediates between the body and spirit, and determines their health, strength, and balance.
Sacred Truth: Love is Divine Power
Emotional energy -- love -- is the central power point and true motivator of you body, mind and spirit.
Center of the chest, heart and circulatory system, lungs, shoulders, arms and hands, ribs/breasts, diaphragm, thymus glands.
Congestive heart failure, heart attack, mitral valve prolapse, cardiomegaly, asthma/allergy, lung cancer, bronchial pneumonia, upper back, shoulder pain, breast cancer.
Love, hatred, bitterness, grief, anger, jealousy, inability to forgive, self-centeredness, fears of loneliness, commitment and betrayal, compassion, hope trust, ability to heal yourself and others.
- What emotional memories do you still need to heal?
- What relationships in your life require healing?
- Do you ever use emotional wounds to control people or situations? If so, describe them.
- Have you allowed yourself to be controlled by the wounds of another? Will you let that happen again? What steps are you prepared to take to prevent yourself from being controlled that way again?
- What fears do you have about becoming emotionally healthy?
- Do you associate emotional health with no longer needing an intimate relationship?
- What is your understanding of forgiveness?
- Who are the people you need to forgive, and what prevents you from letting go of the pain you associate with them?
The fifth chakra is the center of your struggle with choice and the ability to release your will to Divine guidance. Its essence is faith - faith in our fears or faith in the Divine.
Sacred Truth: Surrender Personal Will to Divine Will
Your every choice, thought and feeling has biological, environmental, social, personal, and global consequence. Actions motivated by personal will that trusts Divine authority, give you the richest power.
Throat, thyroid, trachea, neck vertebrae, mouth, teeth, gums, jaw, esophagus, parathyroid, hypothalamus.
Raspy throat, chronic sore throat, mouth ulcers, gum difficulties, TMJ, scoliosis, laryngitis, swollen glands, thyroid problems.
Choice and strength of will, personal expression, following your dreams, using personal power to create, addiction, judgement, criticism, faith, knowledge, capacity to make decisions.
- What is your definition of being “strong willed”?
- Who are the people that have control over your willpower, and why?
- Do you seek to control others? If so, who are they, and why do you need to control them?
- Can you express yourself honestly and openly when you need to? If not, why not?
- Are you able to sense when you are receiving guidance to act upon?
- Do you trust guidance that has no “proof” of the outcome attached to it?
- What fears do you have about divine guidance?
- Do you pray for assistance with your personal plans, or are you able to say, “I will do what heaven directs me to do”?
- What makes you lose control of your own willpower?
- Do you know you need to change but continually postpone taking action? If so, identify those situations and your reasons for not acting.
The sixth chakra is the energy center of intuition, intellect and reasoning. Known as the “third eye”, it involves our mental abilities, and our psychological skill at evaluating our beliefs and attitudes.
Sacred Truth: Seek Only the Truth
Continually search for the difference between truth and illusion, the two forces present at every moment. Trust what you cannot see far more than what you can see.
Brain, nervous system, eyes, ears, nose, pineal gland, pituitary gland.
Brain tumor, hemorrhage, stroke, neurological disturbances, blindness, deafness, full spinal difficulties, learning disabilities, seizures.
Self-evaluation, truth, intellectual abilities, feelings of inadequacy, openness to the ideas of others, ability to learn from experience, emotional intelligence.
- Do you often interpret the actions of others in a negative way? If so, why?
- What negative patterns continually surface in your relationships with others?
- What attitudes do you have that disempower you?
- What beliefs do you continue to accept that you know are not true?
- Are you judgmental? If so, what situations or relationships bring out that tendency?
- Do you make excuses for behaving in negative ways?
- Recall instances in which a more profound level of truth than you were used to hearing was revealed. Was the experience intimidating?
- What beliefs and attitudes in yourself would you like to change? Can you commit to making those changes?
- Are you comfortable thinking about your life in impersonal terms?
- Do you know you need to change but continually postpone taking action? If so, identify those situations and your reasons for not acting?
The seventh chakra is our connection to our spiritual nature and our capacity to allow spirituality to become an integral part of our physical lives.
Sacred Truth: Live in the Present Moment
Achieve a personal relationship with the Divine. All physical, psychological and emotional illusions or fears need to be removed from your life. Let go of the past, do not anticipate the future and live in the presence of the Divine.
Muscular system, skeletal system and skin.
Energetic disorders, spiritual depression, chronic exhaustion that is not linked to a physical disorder and extreme sensitivities to light, sound and other environmental factors.
Ability to trust life, values, ethics, courage, humanitarianism, selflessness, ability to see the larger pattern, faith, inspiration, spirituality and devotion.
- What guidance have you sought during meditation or praying?
- What type of guidance do you fear the most?
- Do you bargain with the Divine? Do you complain to the Divine more than you express gratitude?
- Are you devoted to a particular spiritual path? If not, do you feel the need to find one?
- Do you believe that your God is more authentic than the Divine in other spiritual traditions?
- Are you waiting for the Divine to send you an explanation for your painful experiences? If so, list them.
- How would your life change if the Divine answered your questions by saying: “I have no intention of giving you insight at this point in your life”? What would you do then?
- Have you started and stopped a meditation practice? If so, what are the reasons that you failed to maintain it?
- What spiritual truths are you aware of that you do not live by? List them.
- Are you afraid of a closer relationship with the Divine because of changes it might trigger in your life?