A life without meaning and purpose is one lived as nothing more than a feather at the mercy of the wind. You have no anchor. You have no roots. Experiencing the joy of investing your life force in an idea that inspires you or in long-term relationships with family and friends is doubly challenging because you can’t find a reason to hang on through the inevitable rough times. And you fear being loved deeply by others or you find it difficult to recognize love coming toward – and more importantly – into your being. Exactly what holds meaning and purpose for each person varies; that is like a secret that one’s spirit gradually reveals once your inner being recognizes you’ve come to the place in your life at which the answer actually matters to how you will live the rest of your life – and sometimes if a person will live the rest of his or her life.
This lecture will include:
- A Spiritual Principle: If it exists, it has purpose.
- A Spiritual Principle: So long as I exist, I have purpose.
- What is the size of my world? Who is in my world?
- What is insignificant to me?
- How am I defining “meaning and purpose”? Is it a mental concept for me? Is it filling an empty emotional space?
- How does my inner spirit understand the “meaning and purpose” of my life?
- Am I strong enough to be invisible?
- Is something unfolding in me today?